You can add a like button to your website through these Simple steps
· Under “Step 1 – Get Like Button Code” there is a help-box with a place to put in your info.
- “URL to Like (?)” -here you put the URL of your Website. This is what Facebook will link to.
- Layout- You have three options for how your “Like” Button will appear on your webpage. By changing the selection for the “Layout Style” you can see an example of how your “Like” Button will appear to the right of the help box.
-- The standard layout, which shows social text to the right of the button, can include the profile pictures of those who like your website below the text, depending on whether you check “Show Faces”.
-- The button-count layout displays the total number of people who have “liked” your webpage to the right of the button.
-- The box-count layout displays the total number of people who have “liked” your webpage above the button, in a small pop-up balloon.
- Width- Pretty straightforward, write in how many pixels wide you want your “Like” Button
- Verb- decide whether you want it to be a “Like” Button, or a “Recommend” Button
- Font- Choose the font of your like button
- Color Scheme- Choose a dark grey color of button, or a light blue color of button
· After choosing your preferences for your “Like” button, click “Get Code” at the bottom of the help box. This will give you two html codes, one for XFBML and one for Iframe. The XFBML is more compatible. Highlight the information in the XFBML box, then on your Keyboard, hold control, and hit “C” to copy; or highlight everything in that box, right click and choose copy.
· Go to your website and go to your source code. Paste this into your desired location. You may have to call or email your webhosting company in order to get code on your webpage.
If you liked the information in this article, please let me know by clicking on the "like" button on the top of the page.