"Some companies claim that SEO for the bed and breakfast is extremely
-Fred Pierce, President BnBwebsites
The SEO Dilemma
complicated. It isn't."
Small to medium sized businesses are facing a huge search engine optimization dilemma. Search engines like Google and Bing are overly focused on forcing websites to constantly update their content. Websites that are not updated all the time are pushed to the bottom of search results. Google is even coming out with a newer engine (Google Caffeine - same look, more work required on your part) that even more than before penalizes websites for not updating content often enough. Because of this search engine truth, if you ever attend any bed and breakfast conference, you will have Twitter, Facebook and blogging pushed upon you like your life and business depends on it. That's because those social networking websites, if used correctly, can help you prove to search engines that you have new and relevant content, even if the content is not directly on your website.
|You have to give search engines a reasonable amount of attention if you want to see results.
While large companies can afford to hire and dedicate employees for search engine placement, pay per view and public relations, smaller business like bed and breakfasts are left to try to find the time, the money and the expertise to do search engine optimization for themselves. If you are running your inn properly, you don't have much time to sit in front of your computer dating and wooing the likes of Google. In addition, some businesses don't really have web-worthy content that comes up all the time. There just isn't much to talk about, but that doesn't mean that your business isn't alive and thriving. Hopefully over time search engines will find a better way, but until that time it's important to constantly keep your website fresh. Search engine optimization is a dating process. You have to constantly give search engines like Google and Bing a reasonable amount of attention and time if you want to see results.
Search Engine Optimization Basics
There are some search engine optimization basics that you can do or BnBwebsites can help you with. For example:
BnBwebsites and Search Engine Optimization
- Make sure your website content is search engine friendly and well written.
- Research keywords and keyword phrases guests use to find you on Google. Make sure your website uses them.
- Claim your bed and breakfast on Google Maps.
- 301 redirects from your old site to your new one so search engines knows where to find you.
- Make sure you are represented on TripAdvisor.com.
- Create a Facebook account about your bed and breakfast.
- Create and communicate through Twitter.
- Create a blog and use it to communicate events and activities within your area. Share recipes and ideas.
- Claim your bed and breakfast on Destination Nexus. Update your profile.
- Submit a sitemap of your website to Google.
- Create a Google Analytics account to monitor your search engine efforts and to learn how guests are finding you.
- Submit your website to Google, Bing, and DMOZ.
- Add new pages to your website every couple of months so that your website grows over time.
First of all, since BnBwebsites uses a next generation web builder to power your website, much like blog websites, your website is from the start well liked by search engines. The format of every page generated for your website, from BnBwebsites, are search engine friendly by nature.
Second, BnBwebsites has the expertise and time to do search engine optimization for your bed and breakfast at affordable pricing. Some web design shops try to make you believe it takes hundreds of hours each year, but it isn't that bad. Our Silver and Gold Packages each have different levels of search engine optimization services for bed and breakfasts. You can even start at one level and later pay the difference between the new package and what you selected to enjoy the next level of SEO service.
Your bed and breakfast can experience the following:
- A BnBwebsite web specialist will perform all setup for the items in "Search Engine Optimization Basics" above from interviewing and then writing an article referencing your inn to setting up a Facebook page, Twitter, etc.
- Receive a search engine optimization evaluation from your BnBwebsite web specialist.
- Enjoy personal search engine attention and one-on-one training your BnBwebsite web specialist.
- Our Gold Package has your web specialist calling you every couple of months to interview you in order to create new web pages on your website. They will also remind you and evaluate your attention to some of the social networking tasks you should be doing.